Why didn't I think of that?
In 1991, we designed and patented a truly innovative solution to the gooseneck dilemma; how to get the ball out of the bed when not towing a trailer. The solution was simple and ingenious. A 4" hole is cut in the bed to accomodate the ball and the mounting system is beneath the bed, bolted to the frame. A spring-loaded handle is attached to a 5/8" steel locking pin that goes through the ball. When you're using the hitch, the handle allows you to retract the pin and stow the ball, upside-down, in the same receiver. The design was quickly accepted as a great improvement to the welded-in-ball and fold-down plates used at the time.
All that, and you don't have to drill through the frame. Genius.
We have designed a Turnover Ball for every full-sized truck on the market so there is a model that fits your truck exactly. We do this so that installing the hitch requires the least amount of modifications to the truck frame... modifications that could void the manufacturer's warranty. From the cross members and center section , to the sideplates and socket top , each part of our hitch is designed with you in mind. Even our safety chain brackets are installed specifically for your truck.
You can trust the Turnover Ball... it's time tested.
The Turnover Ball has been professionally tested and is rated to 30,000 lbs Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) and 7,500 lbs Vertical Tongue Weight (VTW). But even more important to us is the fact that the Turnover Ball is time tested. Customers have been hauling their precious cargo with the Turnover Ball for over fifteen years, and it has an impeccable safety record. It's easy to see why; we're committed to quality! All components are made at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Kansas. Because we're so confident in the Turnover Ball, we offer a lifetime limited warranty.
- 30,000 lb GTW / 7,500 lb VTW
- #1 Hitch in America
- Convert from a hitch to a level bed in seconds
- Meets all OEM fastening requirements
- Precise fit and installation for all full-sized trucks
- Bolts to existing holes in the frame with no drilling or welding
- Installs under the bed with no bed removal
- Requires only a 4" hole in the bed
- Gives you the rugged versatility you want
- Seven towing accessories to accommodate all your needs
- Powder coated for a durable and long lasting finish
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- All components manufactured in the U.S.A.